Monday 12 July 2021

English Summer 39

 


The Scillonian is alongside the stone quay, of St Mary's harbour, by the time I cross the narrow isthmus, on which Hugh Town is built.


I have left Stargazer at anchor, beneath the tumbled boulders and clambering scrub, of Porth Cressa cove's western shore.


The Wras rock reef, protects us, from swell. to seaward.


And Porth Cressa beach keeps the north west wind at bay, to landward.
 

This morning, Stargazer followed the circular Scilly tide: North, out of Old Grimsby Sound. West past Brhyer, Sharp Rock and Maiden Bower.


Before gybing, at the Steeple Rock, and running down to St Mary's. We pass the Scillonian off Woolpack Point. She bound north west, for St Mary's harbour, whilst Stargazer is bound south east, for Porth Cressa cove.


My walk, from our anchorage to the harbour, takes me through the High Street. Where I find the makings of a Scillonian cream tea. . . . as well as the new gas cylinder, which was the purpose of my first foray ashore, on St Mary's.


No comments:

Post a Comment