Opposite, on the northern shore of Hayling Island, Stargazer rests after her cross Channel romp. Her skipper flits between shoreside chores. Taking advantage of the combination of good drying conditions and proximate marina washing machines, to desalinate sailing clothes. Which are inclined to become clammy, now that there is a chill in the air to either end of the day.
A stroll across the Hayling Island bridge, into Havant, replenishes Stargazer's galley with English treats: Stilton cheese, Marmite, ready-made cheddar sauce to accompany the fresh broccoli, fruit scones and pickled beetroot. Although, the absence of a daily fresh baked baguette is already keenly felt.

Welcome back.. :o)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful re-entry point. You are a fortunate fellow, Steve!
DeleteI'll readily agree I'm not quite as adventurous as you but I surely do love my 'cruising' ground.. and, BTW, I've most enjoyed your summer cruise even if it is vicariously..
Delete