Friday 5 July 2013

Into The Mystic Cruise 2013 - update 10

Fri 5.7.13: Frenchman's Creek, Helford.

The ebbing tide uncovers a sandy point, sheltering us to the west. Satin black cormorants, line it, wings akimbo; silhouetted against the tawny gold spit; basking in the sunshine.
Stargazer and I follow their lead: Stargazer's solar panel harvests the sun's rays. Washing flaps languidly, in her rigging. I tidy up below; disinter the dinghy from its winter tomb, in the cockpit locker, still salty from a row ashore at Tinduff; and doze off yesterday's excitement, lying on the cockpit benches. In my daydream, Stargazer vaults from wave crest to wave crest, like a leaping salmon; home bound for the Helford River.

( Not enough signal to send pictures: I'll post a Helford photo-montage from Penryn, when we put in to water and re-provision).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Frenchman's Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment