Saturday 8 September 2012

Living the Dream Cruise 2012 live update 132






Sat 8.9.12. Dartmouth. Kingswear.




As I clean Stargazer down, I fall into conversation with the skipper of the Salty Pup astern. He's a sail maker from Exmouth; just won class in the Dartmouth Regatta; off for a quiet week's pottering - starting with the Yealm.




A Rassy 31, Sassy Lassie, is moored ahead of us. She's going round to Salcombe for a club rally; is regretting that it looks as if it will be under engine.




A Westerly comes alongside. They're just in from L'Aber Wrac'h. Have been S as far as Crouesty. Crossed in 24 hours. Need sleep, right away.




And that's why it's taken me all day to give Stargazer her wash and brush up. That and admiring my grandstand view of Dartmouth and the river.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Fore St,Kingswear,United Kingdom

2 comments:

  1. Just love Dartmouth.... been years since I was there... :o( Have a pint in the Cherub for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a favourite of mine too Steve. Felt like a fitting re entry point to the UK after sampling some of France's finest ports. Going to google The Cherub. Cheers! Doug

    ReplyDelete