Thursday 13 September 2012

Living the Dream Cruise 2012 live update 137




Thr 13.9.12. Poole Harbour. South Deep.



Stargazer's foredeck bucks under my feet. It's midnight. The wind has gone NE. A steep chop is rolling through Studland Bay. Time to leave.



We slowly approach the blaze of shore lights that is Poole harbour entrance. I'm giving my sleepy eyes time to adjust; picking out the guiding wink of the navigation marks from the shore clutter.


We sound in to Blood Alley. The roar of the wind dies in the lee of Brownsea Island. I anchor Stargazer and tumble into my bunk.



It's a sunny morning when I re awake. I drink in the view. The forecast is giving F5-7 later; anywhere from N to S through W.



I take Stargazer further in behind the Islands to South Deep.



Wading birds warble; and ripples lap onto the beach with a silvery chime.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Ferry Rd,,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment