Tuesday 3 September 2013

Into The Mystic Cruise 2013 - update 70

Tue 3.9.13: Town Quay, Falmouth.




We cross the estuary, from St Mawes, to Falmouth Quay.




Some familiar faces, from Scilly, are there to greet us. We shared an anchorage with Agnes; and ran, neck and neck, with Eda Frandsen, all the way back.




We finally pulled ahead of her on the way in, from the Lizard. Stargazer, just, hung onto her Cruising Chute, until we cut inside the Manacles east cardinal, and hardened up for St Mawes. Eda F had to drop her reaching sails at the Lizard and took the outside route.




Yesterday I re-energised. Today it's Stargazer's turn. She's gone a fortnight since her last water and shore power top up; and five weeks since a fuel and Gaz refill. The salad drawer and bread bin are bare too!




As soon as water is aboard, I get my clothes washing done, and out, drying in the sun. Diesel is quickly dealt with. To my delight, daily battery charging has used only 20 litres.




I head into Falmouth town, for supplies of fresh food. Olive Bread and Cornish Brie salad for supper tonight!



IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
I added parts 2, 3 & 4 to yesterday's update, late last night. Some HD highlights....




LOOKING AHEAD:
Winds look too light, for passage making, tomorrow. So I'll probably anchor at St Just; and row about in the creek. Not sure what signal availability will be like. Will post pics as soon as I have some.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Waterloo Road,Falmouth,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment