Sunday 8 September 2013

Into The Mystic Cruise 2013 - update 75

Sun 8.9.13: Southpool Creek, Salcombe.




I had intended to sail for Poole, today. The morning forecast, of light and variable winds, through Lyme Bay, deters me. (In the event we've had a squally SW 4-5 here....)




In jest, I ask the Berthing Master if there's a discount, for no wind. He offers me a free night, on the mooring. My decision, to stay another day, is made.




Fleets of Devon Yawls, Solos and National 12's weave through the slumbering cruisers; racing hard.




In the still of the morning, tomorrow's racers train, under the verandah of Salcombe Yacht Club (the red building, on the left).




If there's breeze, tomorrow: we'll leave at 09.00; round Start Point, on the eastbound tide; dip into Lyme Bay, out of the worst of the westbound tide; and catch the new eastbound tide, off Portland Bill, for a slingshot into Poole. ETA 02.00 Tuesday.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Cliff Road,Salcombe,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment