Wednesday 27 May 2015

Dream Weaver Cruise - Update 7

27.5.15 Men Alan Bay, Ile de Brehat




I row into La Chambre on a glassy morning. The May sun chases off the last tendrils of sea mist as it clambers high into the sky.




A sentinel cormorant, perched on a stone battlement heaped with popping weed, guards the sinuous channel.




Yesterday I had planned to take today's flood tide inland to Lezardrieux. My morning row, amid the tumbled dice of Granite Rose, changes my mind.




I row back, past Stargazer, her flags momentarily fluttered by a zephyr of breeze. She nods gently as I pass - as if to agree that this is a day for dinghy exploration.




I skim, on clear clean water, above the rocky shallows which lie between the crags sheltering our anchorage.




Ruddy Tors, pierced by blue sky tower above us.




I run the dinghy ashore and feel the cool firm sand scrunch between my toes. On the beach I meet a Belgian crew who tell of an island anchorage east of Cap Frehel.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:France

No comments:

Post a Comment