Friday 29 May 2015

Dream Weaver Cruise - Update 9

29.5.15 St Cast le Guildo




A change in the weather overnight: Last night soft evening sunshine temped me out for an after dinner row. (I added this picture of tranquility to yesterday's post when I got back). The warm glow of the angular stone house. Black formless shadow blending into layered green bough. Silver light dancing over blue sea.




This morning the wind moans and roars above the Ile des Hebihans, although our bay remains still. We sail off the anchor under jib making 4 knots. Stargazer clears the lee of the island, leans her shoulder into the swell and turns to face 25 knots of SW breeze. She beats towards St Cast - making 6 knots still under jib only.




It's a down wind berth, when we arrive in port. The ensign cracks like a whip across the cockpit as Stargazer swings in towards the finger.




Our landing is not elegant - but it's a soft one, involving much use of my "get out of jail free"endless loop mooring line. Dents to my pride but none to Stargazer's gleaming top sides - and that's the main thing.




All this island hopping and anchoring has meant no chance of a brie and baguette supper yet this cruise. A state of affairs which I am about to put right.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Rue du Port Jaquet,,France

No comments:

Post a Comment