Thursday 13 May 2021

Out of Lockdown 24

 

I am glad to have gone ashore for a recce, on arrival, yesterday afternoon. A stroll into Burnham, to see the lie of the land, in the evening sunshine.

Today drizzle intensifies to rain. Large drops splash softly down, around Stargazer, raising whorls and transient liquid craters. I count myself fortunate, to have timed my provisioning sortie for the drizzle phase. I am back aboard by the time the continual rain sets in.


Dream Catcher (sister ship pictured) text from Brixham. They are fellow Chatham berth holders and set out two weeks after Stargazer. I tell them that I have heard, from Tanya on the Orwell, that the Channel Islands are relaxing entry restrictions, to UK residents, at the end of May. Excitement builds for a St Peter Port rendezvous. 




We start checking websites for official verification, of a change in entry requirements. It turns out that I was half right . Jersey is opening up, subject only to a clear PCR test, for Brits . Guernsey, however, is not. Even Jersey dwellers, wishing to visit, must still serve out a quarantine. An evolving picture.


As is the weather for the next few days. Rain, we can take or leave, that is what foul weather gear is for. Wind, preferably in a favourable direction and of a suitable strength, Stargazer does need. We will be heading south west, once we leave the Crouch. One elusive day of westerly wind (which would give us a reach) shows in most forecasts. But the day, on which it falls, is the subject of disagreement.


No comments:

Post a Comment