Thursday 19 July 2012

Living the Dream Cruise 2012 live update 82






Thr 19.7.12. Vannes, Quai Eric Tabarly: Where to next? - is the decision to make today.




To help me think, I walk the city walls...




... as I near the Cathedral I hear an ethereal melody; sometimes choral, sometimes instrumental.




I follow the sound and listen beneath the soaring columns and staring gargoyles.




Returning towards Stargazer I have an airy spring in my step.




The strumming of a guitar, and a sweet clear voice, reach towards me across the quayside. I sit captivated.




Back aboard Stargazer the forecast downloads. There's a spell of light to moderate NE winds from Monday. The "best" anchorages on Ile Houat, Ile Hoedic and Belle Ile will all be sheltered. Decision made. We island hop our way north, anchoring as we go.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Quai Éric Tabarly,Vannes,France

No comments:

Post a Comment