Wednesday 1 August 2012

Living the Dream Cruise 2012 live update 95






Wed 1.8.12. Vilaine River, Rieux.
Headed upriver today. Deep into the French countryside.








Under the suspension bridge.




Past the old bridge.




Sailing through the fields. The bow wave chuckling and crickets chirping. Like no sailing I've ever experienced before.




I anchor off the swing bridge at Cran, to wait for the afternoon opening; then I see that it is opening and that I'm about to miss it. Stargazer scrambles through. I wave my thanks, for waiting, to the bridge operator.




The Vilaine meanders its way on up to Rieux. I bring Stargazer alongside. A steel barge is manoeuvring out in the river. Where's he going?


Then I realise: with a barge you just nudge into the bank and tie up to a tree. I go round to catch his lines.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:La Gicquellerie,Fégréac,France

No comments:

Post a Comment