Monday 13 August 2012

Living the Dream Cruise live update 107






Mon 13.8.12. Loctudy. Running repairs to Stargazer today. The water pump is pulsing again.




Nothing for it but to empty the cockpit locker...




....and fold myself in under the gas locker, to check the accumulator. My pressure gauge reads zero. Got an air leak somewhere. Can't trace it though.




I again re-pressurise the accumulator and hope that it'll see us home.




Next; I fit an anchor shackle two sizes larger than the original. Its pin was corroded and had started to bend.




Finally; all the relaxed downwind sailing, that we've enjoyed, has caused some wear. The middle two batten pockets have chafed through against the shrouds. I patch the holes and (belatedly) add sacrificial wear strips.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Pagotaie,Pont-l'Abbé,France

No comments:

Post a Comment