Friday 10 August 2012

Living the Dream Cruise live update 104






Fri 10.8.12. Loctudy. A tranquil reach over a jewelled sea. The chute bellies before us, lifting us westward.




Pipes and fiddles from the "Festival Interceltique" had lulled me softly to sleep last night. Harsh recriminations on the quay, night long merriment gone sour, woke me at dawn.




I check the forecast: fair winds for Loctudy, sunshine too. In the morning light Lorient loosens its hold on me.




The sail down harbour, the reach along the coast to Loctudy, the sunlight dancing across the water; fill me with that mysterious joy that is called sailing.




We sight the Loctudy channel mark two hours after low water...




... and wriggle our way in behind the entrance spit. I bring Stargazer alongside.




Our lines are taken by an American, out of the Chesapeake aboard his Hans Christian 33 "Sojourn:"
"you're a long way from home"
"been doing it a while."
A man with some tales to tell I'm sure.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Rue Rémy le Lay,Loctudy,France

No comments:

Post a Comment