Friday 16 August 2013

Into The Mystic Cruise 2013 - update 52

Fri 16.8.13: Glengarriff.




I breakfast, under a blue sky, dotted with candy floss clouds...




before rowing in to the quay;...




...where I make the dinghy fast, beside the stacked crab pots,...




...in front of the church.




I leave Stargazer to study her reflection, in the still waters, of the bay; and set off inland.




The rich, musky, aroma, of leaf mould, fills my nostrils; and lends the earth a spring, beneath my feet; as I scramble through the woods...




...to the village. Large, pastel, houses, set back from the road, shelter behind green hedges.





Peaked hillsides, climb up to meet the sky, behind a small row of shops.




In place of a village green; a lovingly tended grave yard, nestles in a hollow, amid raw outcrops of living rock.


BY THE WAY:



If you missed yesterday's second post, about the seal family; the full story is in "PS to update 51."

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment