Monday 19 August 2013

Into The Mystic Cruise 2013 - update 55

Mon 19.8.13: Baltimore.




A Glenan's Sailing School is based here in Baltimore. There's some resemblance too, between this anchorage; and our anchorage, in the Iles de Glenan -where I celebrated my 50th birthday, last summer.




In both there's a shallow, rock strewn, lagoon, ringed by low, wave gnarled cliffs; and a feeling of wind-swept wildness.




The forecast is a 'near gale,' from the south, overnight. There's enough fetch, in the bay, for a chop to kick up; but, the ring of cliffs should keep the swell out and calm the winds.




I plan to make for Scilly from Baltimore. It looks as if I can get alongside the quay, before leaving, to take on water; whilst the fishing boats are out. From here, we have a good slant; for anything other than south easterly, or north westerly winds. Now to find a weather window!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Castle End,,Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment