Tuesday 6 August 2024

Dandelion 103

 

Stargazer's second fresh water pump, in eighteen months, was fitted this morning. I shall comment no further. Lest I tempt fate, to give this long tale a surprise ending.


A stroll around the harbour, allows my thoughts to resume their, normal, random wandering. The sight of my shaggy reflection, in the still water, reminding me that my last haircut was in La Rochelle. I change direction. Striking inland, to the cobbled streets of the Old Quarter. In search of a barber. ‘Fresh Hair’ must be worth a try. For the name alone.


Sitting, waiting for my trim, I study the Meteo Consult forecasts, on my phone. Having neglected them, since arrival. My priorities elsewhere. It seems that a week of building (to gale force) winds, out of the south to west, is on its way. Perhaps, the remnants of  Hurricane Debby. Currently wreaking havoc across the Atlantic. Whatever the source, the question is whether to move on swiftly, before the stormy weather arrives; Or to hunker down, within the walls of St Peter Port harbour?


No comments:

Post a Comment